Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Legacy is Me

On February 9, 1994 a very significant historical event occurred- my birth. I don’t want to put you off by sounding too cocky but let me just tell you my story. My name is Ed Lorence Rogero de Guzman and I love sports. At first, I was very much engrossed with basketball. It was a family sport after all. The guys in my family were able to bond because of this game. Basketball took up my free time until 4th year high school. As I got into college I was introduced to the game of Ultimate by my brother Luis. I didn’t fall for it that fast simply because I didn’t want to get dark but when I got on that field I forgot about the heat that the sun was giving off and the fact that I would get darker after playing. I have fallen in love with the game of Ultimate and I don’t think I would depart from this beautiful sport.

 I was born in Plaridel, Bulacan but am now at Sta. Rosa, Laguna. I transferred here during my first year of high school. By the time we got here I wanted to go back to Bulacan badly. I didn't think that I would gain friends like those I had in my hometown: kind, simple and not arrogant. But after a month I adapted to my new surroundings. I started liking Sta. Rosa, Laguna and I started liking someone. I didn't want to go back to Bulacan anymore. I found home here. What is my definition of home? Home is a place of love, joy and security. And, amazingly, I found that piece of life just after a month. I love it here. Today, I find this place relaxing and enjoyable. I like that there are new infrastructures such as Paseo and Nuvali that cater to the social needs of teenagers such as myself.

I am now 17 and in college. I'm currently studying Electronics and Communications Engineering at De La Salle Canlubang. Why did I get into this, you may ask. The truth is that I really wanted to take up Accounting because of it being math- based and the high salary it would give off in the future. But since my parents had their eyes set on DLSC I basically had no choice and since there were no Accounting courses I decided to take on another family thing. My dad and brother both got Engineering degrees and so did I!

There are a lot of things I wish to do and aspire to be. Everything I do is written down on my history and the product of which is what I become. I am the legacy of what I did and will do. The legacy is Me. 

19 comments:

  1. Good job! In a weird way I found the cockiness at the beginning very interesting and the way you included your insecurities and fears was really refreshing. Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. Good job having the courage to share something personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you post interesting... I can't wait for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "On February 9, 1994 a very significant historical event occurred- my birth. " -- WINNER =)))
    It's cool how your blog is very "Ed" - Very maarte & cocky, but very funny! :) I laveeet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Ed. ;) - erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. strong introduction and ending! keep it up! ;) -Page's friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ed lagot ka mamahalin ka na uli ni bro niyan :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. mamahalin uli ako ni bro niyan? :o hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you made a very good blog! keep it up. :D I hope you inspire a lot of people! :D Go ED!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You too are conscious of your complexion, eh? Props to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very inspiring. You're writing is very elegant. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your* =))

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi ed! :)) same pala tayo. gusto ko din talaga Accounting at ngaun sa ECE ako bumagsak. hahahaha. :)) nice blog!God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yayan hello! wala kasing ganong course dito DLSC D: :( thaaanks!

    ReplyDelete