Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hometown Locals


                Plaridel, Bulacan is where I grew up, so I can say that I’m very familiar with the people around me. I can tell what they feel; if they have any problems.  People in my hometown are hospitable, generous and sociable.
                Every morning, I wake up and I always see people drinking beer and playing cards or, if I may say, gambling. They start in the morning and end at midnight. But these people are my neighbors, although they are always drinking too much, they are still very generous. They can even talk straight despite the huge amount of liquor in their systems. They don’t get mad at whoever they are talking to, not like those shown in TV programs.
                Early in the morning I also see gossipers. Every morning they have the latest news to talk about. It may be good or bad.  They don’t care if anyone overhears them, that is actually what they want to do, to let everyone hear what they are talking about.
                But still some people in my hometown are good, industrious and hardworking; when I wake up in the morning I always see some of my neighbors sweeping the trash out of their backyards and gardens. It also gives me delight when they greet me good morning every time I walk past.      
With this, I can say that although some of them are drunkards and gossipers, they still find the time to help and to communicate with others. I know that they are the ones I can trust because I have lived there for 13 years and I have never regretted anything.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment