Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good Ol' Bulacan

 Bulacan is my hometown. This is where I was born, where I learned to read, write, love and stand on my own feet.  Bulacan is a very nice province  because of the exquisite ambiance it has. You can relax here because there are lots of trees, inhabited by chirping birds, that help make the air clean and fresh.  You can even be awakened by  the rooster’s cock-a-doodle-doo.
There are many beautiful tourist attractions here in my hometown. One of them is the Plaridel Catholic Church, which is a 400-year old Parish Church. I used to always attend mass here when I was a child but today I can only attend mass on weekends. Another is the Simborio Chapel. This Chapel is a major attraction here in Bulacan because it  is one of the oldest existing structures from the Spanish era, believed to have been constructed in the 1800s. There is also a festival on the 29th and 30th of December ,where in there is a herd of horses with colorful tiburins parading  the street of Plaridel, Bulacan in reverence to St. James the Apostle.
Also there are many restaurants that you can only find here in Bulacan like La Familia which became popular in Baliuag, Bulacan because of Mrs. Alejo’s cooking. It is located in a 2,000- square meter sprawl with four function areas that include two air-conditioned rooms and two al fresco venues that could accommodate from 50 to 500 guests.
I really want to go back there and stay for a month because of the great food. The food I eat there, like the leaf bread, is very pleasing to my tastebuds. The Leaf bread is a leaf-shaped bread and it is green in color. Another thing that makes me want to go back to good ol’ Bulacan is the feeling of fresh air and the simple life where you can relax. I miss being there because some of my friends live there. Unfortunately, I can’t go back and stay there because we permanently live here in Laguna because of my dad’s work and our studies.

2 comments:

  1. I like the descriptions of your hometown. I have been to the famous historical places in some parts of Bulacan. Hope to see more of the region some day. I also really hope that the floods caused by the recent typhoons have subsided in the affected areas. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thought, maybe you can change "cock-a-doodle-doo" to just "crowing" :P

    ReplyDelete